A new year means new opportunities for growth and success. As a chiropractor, you are committed to helping more people in your local communities unlock their true health potential through chiropractic care. In a recent article, we discussed tips to gain new chiropractic patients in 2021, such as writing a blog, connecting on social media, and getting involved in your community. Aside from these tips, SEO is another key factor to reach new patients, rank well on search engines, and stay competitive in the digital chiropractic market. In case you’re new to the term, search engine optimization (SEO) refers to the process of choosing the most relevant targeted keywords for your site and ensuring that this helps your site rank well in search engines. When potential patients find your site as a top result on search engines, they are more likely to visit your site compared to lower ranking sites.
Now that you know what SEO is and why it’s important, let’s dive into the top tips to ensure your site is SEO-friendly in 2021.
1. Create a Google My Business Account
If you haven’t set up a Google My Business account, this is the perfect time to do so. This free account allows you to connect with current and potential patients via Google Search and Google Maps, as well as showcases your business listing on the top search engine. Additionally, you can post upcoming events, discounts, and announcements to your account, which is an effective approach to reach new patients.
Specific content to include:
- Contact information
- Hours of operation
- Relevant keywords to help patients find you
- Products and services
- Images and videos
- Google map
2. Local SEO to Boost Patient Leads
Around 46 percent of daily Google searches are for local businesses. This provides a huge opportunity to reach new patients that live in your local community. Keyword phrases with “chiropractor near me” is a popular way to patients to discover your practice. In fact, this phrase gets a search volume of 637,000 every month. That’s a lot of potential patients looking for a chiropractor!
By adding local keywords on your website, this will help your site stand out in search results and hopefully be a part of the “top three” search results club.
Here are some local SEO tips:
- Create separate pages for each service you provide
- Add local SEO keywords throughout your site (i.e. “Wilmington, NC Chiropractors” on the home page and “Wilmington, NC Chiropractic Care for Seniors” on the senior care page for a practice based in that location)
- Optimize your images and videos with local content, when possible
- Add a Google map to your contact page
3. Keep Your Site Content Updated
With less than 15 sections to capture your potential patients’ interest, you need a site that is fast, modern, visually appealing, and useful. If not, site visitors will leave your site and take their business elsewhere. You can avoid this by keeping your site content up-to-date.
Ensure this key information is always up-to-date:
- Contact information (address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Hours of operation
- Contact and appointment forms
- Services and techniques offered
- Office staff and bios
- Office images and videos
- Social media links
4. Add Patient Reviews to Your Site
Ask your existing patients to write reviews and/or testimonials on your site. This has a powerful impact on potential patients’ decision-making process to become your next patient. Indeed, patient reviews provide social proof that your office is trustworthy, professional, caring, and worth checking out. Additionally, search engines like Google use business reviews to rank websites.
Suggestions for patient reviews:
- Add a patient review or testimonial section on your site, so patients can easily submit a review
- Add patient testimonial videos to boost your site’s rankings and social proof factor even more. People tend to remember video content more than text content, so this is a worthwhile possibility.
5. Create Awesome Business Rating Pages
Aside from your site, another place to reach new patients is on business review sites, such as Yelp, Google My Business, BBB (Better Bureau Business), and Yellowpages. If you haven’t set up profiles with some of the major sites, this is yet another way to boost your site’s SEO rankings and get noticed by more potential patients in your community.
Tips for creating awesome business profiles:
- Add your business information (i.e. office name, address, phone number, email, hours, services, and doctors’ names)
- Upload current photos of your office
- Write a brief overview of your practice and what services you offer
- Ask patients to write reviews via social media platforms, email outreach, and in-person requests post-appointments
We hope you enjoyed this week’s article about tips to take your chiropractic SEO to the next level. SEO will continue to play a pivotal role in ranking well on Google and continually gaining patient leads for your practice. Contact Brand Chiro today to learn how we can help meet all of your digital chiropractic needs.